2007-02-09

iMac... maybe?

Well, the iMac was repaired, but that has apparently failed. I went to the NAU bookstore today and checked on the status of my repair, and it turns out that the replacement logic board was ordered, received, installed, and then failed!

Sometimes, I wonder about computers, and whether or not they're worth it.

I'm now using the PowerBook G3 (500MHz/1mb L2, 512mb of ram, 30gig hdd) as my main computer. It started on Mac OS 9.2.2 as a no-internet work computer, as well as doing my website in Dreamweaver MX. Then, getting tired of it's lackluster Internet performance, I put SuSE Linux 10.1 on it. That failed miserably, Linux is significantly lacking in the usability and speed departments.

The PowerBook G3 is currently running Mac OS X 10.3, where it has basically all of the apps I really need, and it runs them quite well. (still some performance issues, but they're nowhere near as awful as running Linux was.)

No comments: